September 10, 2012

September Ramblings...and Origami Trees


It isn't time that's passing by,
It is you and I.

-It Isn't Time That's Passing By, Ruskin Bond
 
August has already passed, September has swiftly marched its way into its second week - what substance does passage of time have anymore? Is life simply to be experienced in an eye-blink? Yet, when I single-mindedly gaze at the clock, it appears as if the minute hand is taking an eternity to complete its journey...it then seems that watching a minute pass appears to be much more time-consuming than sensing it pass. And even so, how quickly minutes melt into hours, hours into days, days into weeks...and before you know it, I will be writing my end of the year post again!

Well, dear readers, before my ramblings threaten to become even more abstruse than usual, let me present you a discovery that certainly brightened up my day - and perhaps, triggered off my meditations on time. Having located it in that amazing treasure trove of all things pretty, Pinterest, it conjured up a peaceful, idyllic spot of time in which you can linger and contemplatively peruse through your thoughts, dreams, musings...these colorful origami birds will certainly assist your imagination in literally taking flight.


Colorful flights
It struck me that you can easily inject a bit of whimsy and eccentric creativity into your own home through this method; all it takes is a tree/branch, origami/paper birds, and your unique vision to transform a corner of your home/garden into a me-space. For me, studding your home with such amusing oases of innovations is what breaks the monotony and reminds us that you can actually briefly suspend time...

Do you have such me-spaces in your own home? How did you go about creating them? I would love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time out to leave a comment. I look forward to hearing from you!